Sunday, November 16, 2008

Call Us A Little Crazy...

Halloween is Tyler's favorite holiday, and I was a TOTAL SLACKER! I mean, we have a brand new baby, so I was a little too busy taking care of kids to decorate or do anything fun and crafty. (Sorry again, Dear) I told him that since I slacked off, we could put up our tree a little earlier then usual. So that is what we did yesterday! We got the tree up, the garland hung on the stairs, the nativities set up, and then drank eggnog while putting the star on. It was a great day! (The eggnog was my favorite part:)) Now I guess I better get my shopping finished.



Today was Ava's first day of church and she did so well! I fed her 2 times, and she slept the entire time. The Beehives loved her. I wasn't going to bring her to class, but the other teacher wanted to see her, and so I went and stole her from Tyler. She wore the cutest little fancy dress! I was going to put her in just a skirt and onesie, but Tyler has been wanting to see her all fancy, so that is what we did!


(It is so hard to get a "real" smile out of Nathan these days)

One more thing...Today is my BABY BROTHER'S 21st BIRTHDAY!!!! He is such a great uncle, and loves our kiddos so much. He is so smart and good at school- he gets all A's in college, and he takes hard classes. He acts camera shy, so I have no picture to post of him, but he is a cutie!!!Happy Birthday Eric~ we love you so much!

20 comments:

Meridy said...

How fun! I love eggnog too!

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas. I have been tempted to put our tree up. I think my husband would kill me. I have been waiting till Thanksgiving. I figured I will put it up the day after. Everything looks great. Ava was so cute in church today.

Camille said...

You totally aren't crazy! In fact, I'd do the same if my hubby would let me...instead we put up our Christmas lights on Saturday!!

Dave and Natasha said...

Oh, what a cute pic of you three together! She is so cute in her dress!

DaynaDouble said...

OH cute little family!

Scott & Tami said...

You have the cutest family!!! I too am getting anxious to put up Christmas...but haven't actually done it yet.

Just what is a Clair? said...

That is soooo hilarious. We were TOTALLY going to put up our tree yesterday, and got busy so we ended up not. Maybe tonight for FHE.:) We alsways go out of town for Christmas, so it is nice to have the tree up a little early so you can enjoy it. Ussually we wait until the day after Thanksgiving, but thats just next week right?:)

Jared & Shannon said...

Ok now I am tempted to put up my Christmas tree and decorations right now! That is so fun! Your kids are adorable and you look so good! Hard to believe you just had a baby.

Heidi Wood said...

Monica! I was so excited to see your blog. And to see that you have a baby girl! I've thought about you a lot since you left. Sounds like everything is going good. Are you still singing? Brian and I are expecting a baby girl in Feb. Check out our blog: brianandheidiwood.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I love to decorate early.

Staci said...

hey that looks way festive hey can I get your guys email address you can email it to me or just leave it on our blog scentsygal@gmail.com

Deborah said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I've actually been wanting to get out christmas music and decorations too.

And I'm glad that you brought Ava to church. She is so adorable!!!

The Yoder's Five said...

She looks sooooo cute in that dress! I love it! I can't wait to see her.

I always think of Tyler when I see eggnog. I guess other people like it too but he's always the person that comes to mind.

Mark doesn't like to do anything Christmas-wise around the house (or listen to the music) until after Thanksgiving so he's not sick of it by the time Christmas actually comes. It's too bad we've already packed up all our decorations and sent them with my dad! Looks like we're just having a tabletop tree this year.

Carolina mama said...

Happy one month birthday Ava! She looks bigger already and so pretty in her new dress. Nathan has a great photo smile!

mylyn wood said...

how fun! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year! I'm always pacing around waiting til the day after thanksgiving to set up our tree!
ps. your little ones are so cute! i love Nathan's funny little smile he makes!

grandmarosie said...

I just love reading your blog, even though I talk to you everyday, it is nice to see the photos. You did a great job with the tree boys.
Come help grandma decorate now!!!

HammondFam said...

Oh yeah baby...tis the season to be jolly...fa la la la la, la la la la!! I am totally feeling the Christmas spirit, and Tyler was NOT happy when I asked if he would help me put the tree up. He said, "can't we just put the little fiber optic tree up?" My response, "NO!!!!!"

Katie said...

How fun to get the season going a little early. Good for you!
Ava looks adorable!

krystal said...

Hey Murset, it's me, WATKINS! Remember Christmas in Ribersigh? Good times! I'm glad to see that you still have the Christmas spirit. Maybe you'll get some new Reebok pumps this year! ha ha. Hope things are going well for you guys. Have a nice thanksgiving. P.S. I didn't know you liked Halloween so much. I remember knocking doors in the mission and some little kids said "you mormons celebrate the devil's birthday!" I didn't know what to say to that so I just laughed.

*Clint & Rach Talbot* said...

Talk about a dang cute family. I found you off of Kaylees Blog so its been fun Blog Stalking you haaha Tell your fam Hello for me!
-Rachel C.-
I have a blog now
racheldawns.blogspot.com