Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Proud Mamma

I can't believe Nathan is about graduate Kindergarten. Today he had his end of level assessment. I knew he would do great. He is such a good student and loves to learn. I started teaching him to read before his 4th birthday and he picked it up really quickly. We have tried to get study time in everyday since he was little. I try to make it fun, and now it is so routine that it is no biggie...even Ava asks to do homework! He would get a homework packet sent home every Monday and it had to go back with him on Friday. He would get the entire packet done within 15 minutes every Monday so his teacher started sending him extra books and such.

After his test today his teacher came out and told me he had done excellent, then says "We did our reading assessments two weeks ago. They like the students to be at a level 3 or 4 before moving on to 1st grade- Nathan tested at a level 14."  I am pretty sure my mouth hit the floor. I am not sure how that level corresponds to the grade level at which he reads, and I was too shocked to say much, so I may have to check in with her at graduation...

He has worked so hard and we are so proud of him!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, look at him! He is such a little stud muffin! Congrats on the graduate! :)

The Yoder's Five said...

WOW! Good job, Nathan! You rock!!!!

Nice graduation photo!

Josie said...

You gotta love those proud Mom moments! What a little smartie, that is awesome! He'll do so well in school if he is a great reader! Don't you just love Kindergarten "Graduation"?!

Andi said...

Wow, what a smartie pants! Good for you for teaching him to read so well. I hope to do the same with my kids.