Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ava has this thing for rolly pollies. I totally did when I was a little girl, so I know where it comes from. Still I think it is nasty. Last week it was unusually cool so I decided to mow the lawns so Tyler wouldn't have to, it was Father's Day weekend after all. When we cut the back lawn lots of rolly pollies come out of the grass, so Ava decided to collect them and put them in her bike. After I stopped to take the picture she continued to collect them. I let them go when she wasn't watching....

4 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

HOLY COW! I've never seen that many at once. Madelyn loves them, too. The tinier they are, the more excited she gets.

Natalie said...

AAAAAAAH! That's so funny! I used to play with them, too! I haven't seen many of them around here. :( It looks like you guys have been up to alot of fun things this summer! I need to get my butt in gear, we haven't done anything yet!

Meridy said...

My kids did the exact same thing the other day. :) They were so concerned about keeping them safe, and didn't realize that they where putting them in danger. ;)

Jayci said...

haha!! I remember that stage TOO! What a great bug for little kids... but as adults it's totally icky!! You're so thoughtful to mow the grass for Tyler. You two are such a wonderful team!