Right before the break I decided to see what all the fuss was with the Twilight Saga. I used to make fun of people who liked it, even though I had never seen or read them....I AM SOOOOO SORRY! Ok here comes the dork in me- So over the break I watched all 4 movies, and about died in the last few minutes of Breaking Dawn Part 1~ my hands were sweating so bad, haha. I had not read the books so I had no idea what was going to happen, so I decided to read all four books. Pretty much I did nothing but read... sorry family for totally slacking off. Tyler bought me the first 3 DVDs and the soundtrack for #4, and I am going to make him watch them all with me. I think I am a little obsessed.
And in super exciting news....My (baby) brother, Eric, got accepted to Medical School yesterday!!!!! We are so incredibly excited for him. He interviewed on Saturday and was told he would know Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Well Tuesday came and went and we still hadn't heard either way. Wednesday came and by 2pm we still hadn't heard, and Eric had to go teach at the college, we figured that since it was nearly 5 in Kentucky that we would have to wait another day. About 15 minutes later the Dean called, but wouldn't tell us anything!!!! (A phone call usually means you got in, and email means you didn't). I was listening on speaker while my mom begged for a hint. He said, "Well, I have some news Eric will be happy to hear so please have him call my cell as soon as he can." We start freaking out... but Eric still didn't know! He was house sitting at my other brother's so my mom went there to wait for him to get home from teaching. So when he FINALLY got there she said "Get in the car" (My mom is super dramatic) Eric was getting scared, he probably thought someone died or something, and she said "Call this number" He had no idea what was going on! It was great.
Nathan is already missing him. He will be going to Kentucky for at least 4 years (his residency can be done in neighboring states). The mommy in me is nervous- he will be so far away, and has never lived away from home, but I know it will be such a great experience for him. We are all so proud of him!


2 comments:
Cute new blog look!
We are happy for Eric and know he'll do great in medical school. I'm sure it will be a little bit easier not having to juggle a wife and kids at the same time like a lot of guys I know! He has worked hard.
I was wondering how you were liking Twilight! I didn't care much for the books, but the movies are pretty good. I still haven't seen the latest two! I'm still Team Jacob....
that is so great for Eric!!! And way cute blog. :) I love it all! haha - the Twilight bit you wrote is so great. I still haven't seen the latest two movies and now it makes me want to watch them really bad! I wish I had watched the movies before I read the books, b/c then I'd like them a lot better than I do. (that's how Harry Potter happened for me: movies first, then books - it's the best doing it that way!) Hope Tyler likes them! :)
Post a Comment