While it dried I covered the cardboard piece with a scrap of batting. I wrapped it so that there was a couple inches folded over on the back. Then I hot glued it down and used a regular old stapler to fasten it to the cardboard. Next I wrapped it in the fabric we picked out together. For my frame size I was able to just buy a "Fat Quarter" and it fit perfectly. (Make sure you IRON your fabric before wrapping it around the cardboard). I glued it down and stapled it carefully so the staples wouldn't go through the other side.
Then you just figure out how you want your ribbon to go. I pinned mine, and measured like crazy so the lines would be even. OCD... After you have it how you want put on some hot glue and staples. You want the ribbon to be tight on there so the bows don't slide around. Test it out with a bow before gluing. I did mine, took pictures, and then realized the bows would go on weird and ended up making the ribbon go vertically instead.
When all the ribbon was affixed I put it back in the frame, and bent the tabs on the back down over it to hold it in. If your frame no longer has the tabs or staples I read that some people use a staple gun along the edge to get it to stay.
Here is the finished product:
Pretty cute for $7.
Now that it is all full of bows I have about one ribbon left! I may have to make another one really soon....
AND Here is the little cutie all ready for her first day back to ballet this week:


2 comments:
AWESOME!!! I need to make one of those, we have a whole drawer full of bows and flower clips and I can never find the one I'm looking for! SUPER cute pictures, too! I can't believe how big she is already! Man, you guys make the most beautiful kids!
Oh my gosh, how CUTE! Nice job!!
Post a Comment