One of my dear, childhood friends shared this on her blog, and I just had to try it. THEY WERE SO YUMMY!
Jayci and I lost contact when I moved up to Utah 13 years ago. We were in the same ward growing up and I have many memories jumping on the tramp, salting snails, swimming, and listening to the Beach Boys at her house. Good times. I stumbled upon her blog awhile back, and it has been so much fun to see her as a mom now. I wish we lived close so we could hang out again! Thanks Jayci for sharing these yummy treats!
White Chocolate & Dried Cranberry Cookies

My camera is lame so I borrowed this picture from Jayci's blog
3/4 c salted butter, softened
3/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 extra large egg
2 t vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
2 t cornstarch
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
3/4 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c dried cranberries
•line an ungreased cookie sheet(s) with aluminum foil, set aside.
•with a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides when needed. Then on a lower speed, mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
•preheat oven to 350ºF. Drop balls of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes for small cookies/12-14 minutes for larger cookies, until barely golden brown around the bottom edges. Remove and let cool on the cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.
•wait until cookie sheets are cool before dropping the new cookie dough balls onto them, or drop them right before you're ready to put them in the oven.
You HAVE to make these- you will not be disappointed!
Oh and a little trick I learned to keep cookies nice and chewy is to drop the pan, from about 6 inches, onto the counter or stove right after you remove them from the oven. It sounds crazy but keeps them tasting great!


2 comments:
Monica this made me smile so big. I love that you loved them! And I loved hearing the memories you have of spending time at my house. I have plenty of fond memories of your house as well. Aw, I miss being a kid! Your rave review on my blog made my yesterday and this made my today. YUM!! I have only 3 left and I want to keep them forever! ha ha
Ooh la la!! It's cookie season!! I think my sister-in-law made these this summer for our family gathering. They were delish.
Post a Comment