he got this in a frame with a picture
of the temple for being the spotlight)
Today Nathan gave his first talk in Primary. I got there a little bit early- just in time for the Spotlight. The primary lady got up, they turned out the lights, and she had a big flashlight to shine on all the kids, and then she stopped on Nathan (I didn't know he was going to be the spotlight) and he jumps up and says " YES! I am in the spotlight!" (almost in song) while hooraying with his arm. I was laughing so hard! Then he went up to the front, I will have to get a copy of the questionnaire that he answered. He said that one way he would get ready to get married in the temple was by wearing his nice Sunday clothes to church. Must be working because he hadn't been sitting with the Sunbeams, nope he was sitting with two very pretty girls in the CTR 8 class!
His talk went really well, and I was in tears from laughing so hard. Tyler was reading it to him, and he was doing fine and being serious until he said "...We have Family Home Nimning, oops sorry, I mean Family Home Evening"- we have been working on pronouncing it better- from there it was all giggles and so casual, he even said "We play games and stuff..." All the teachers kept turning around to look at me. It was seriously so hilarious. When his talk was over, and he said "Amen" and then he blew really hard in the mic, just because.
After they dismissed the 8 year old hotties came up, out of their way, to give him high 5s and to tell him how well he did.
Tyler's Home Teaching companion is in the primary, and last week when they went out his comp said, "Nathan is so funny..." As soon as Tyler said that my heart dropped. I thought Great! We are going to have the class clown. And it looks like we are going to have 2.
(Sorry, she moved right when I took this, but you get the idea)
Ava also likes to crack us up. She is already super funny. She fake gags, cheeses it all the time, LOVES food, puts toys in her mouth and then crawls around (just like a little puppy),and she does yoga poses- downward facing dog is her favorite. The first time she did it Nathan said "LOOK she is going down dog!" We have only done yoga a handful of times in this house...sheesh. She is so obsessed with food. I was making rolls the other day and she was trying to get them out of the oven...she was hitting it so hard. And if she is in the other room and hears the fridge open she will be there before you can shut it.
We don't know where they got their silliness, but it sure is fun. Tyler and I were both very shy kids, so it is nice to see that they are both so confident, and outgoing. We sure love these cuties!


7 comments:
How funny!! Too bad I missed it.
those are two funny funny kids!! I love fun kids. Mark and I hope our little guy makes us laugh all the time. :)
8-year old hotties. HAHAHHAHA! What girl stands a chance against such charm, good looks and style??
Sounds like you have raised a few characters ;) Kids say the darndest things!
They are so cute! (and funny!) I love when their little personalities really begin to show :0)
I was also cracking up about the 8 year old hotties. Too funny! Your kids are beautiful and I can tell you love being a mom, Monica. That makes me happy.
Hahahaha!!! Cute and funny...you are soooo dooomed!!! :) Watch out world! And thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. That totally made my day. :)
Post a Comment