Friday, August 7, 2009

P90X Is Kicking Our Trash!


Tyler and I have decided it is time to get in shape.

I am fine with my weight, and have some good muscle-ness just from chasing/carrying kids all day long, but sometimes I get winded just going up the stairs, and that is weak. I don't want to be tired doing something that simple. I have never been a sporty girl, but I have always tried to be fit (running, dancing, etc.)

Tyler was always sporty. Soon after Ava was born he injured his knee, and it hasn't been the same since. So he hasn't been playing ball at all. Plus he says I feed him way too much. What can I say, I am a pretty good cook. He has been trying to lose weight for a while now, and was able to lose 5 pounds or so on Slimfast, but we decided it was time to get serious and start working out.

We have been doing P90X for 5 days now. We have been so sore! The first day I wasn't that sore at all, then the next morning I felt it. I could hardly walk down the stairs and after reading with Nathan we couldn't even sit up to get out of the bed. So Tyler and I were hobbling around, and then we would laugh at how ridiculously sore we were, and then our abs would start hurting so bad from laughing. It was pretty funny. I am glad I am starting to be able to actually move now. So if you see us limping and hobbling now you know why. I hope we have some nice results to post in a few months!


11 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a great workout. Thanks for sharing the idea!

Jon said...

good luck guys. I started the program a few weeks ago. I have missed a couple of days here and there, but I really feel a lot better. I notice the difference on the days that I don't make the time to work out. How about that Yoga?!?!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

I LOVE p 90 X. We should try and keep each other motivated. Love the pictures of the kids. The pioneer celebration looks like fun. We miss the ward and all of the fun activities..

Meridy said...

That is so funny! Good job though!!! Nate and I have been trying to walk. I think it's helping a little. If we ever feel the need to try something more vigorous we'll call you about P90X....

Dana said...

That is awesome you are doing it together. Ryan is doing P90X too and I haven't seen him sweat this hard in a long time (since playing college basketball)!!! Good luck!

Julie said...

I have watched that advertisement so many times and wondered if it really works, you'll have to let me know:) I really need to get in to shape. LOL

Anonymous said...

P90X seems so hard. It scares me.

Esplin 5 said...

You GO guys!! Good for you!

mylyn wood said...

I live in NM, aka the black hole, I am don't know what P90X is! Sounds hard though, good luck!

djzmcallister said...

Meghan DelToro loves that she tried to get me to do it but we could not get the cd to burn to my computer. Thanks, your little fam is so cute too. :-)

Jayci said...

I've been seeing a lot of this program lately, and I have no idea what it is!!! :P I'll have to do some research. It must be awesome, everyone loves it!