We made a chain ring countdown thing about a month ago. Each day he got to tear off a ring. He was soo excited for his big day and talked about it every single day.
A few days before his birthday my Grandparents came over and we had a birthday get together for Nathan and my Gpa. We loved having them over before they headed back to Kolob.
For Nathan's party, he decided he wanted a Firetruck birthday so that is what we did. I asked him what he wanted for his Special Birthday Breakfast, and he said Lucky Charms...that is what he eats every morning, so I got off easy. After we got all ready, Tyler took him to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. We didn't tell him that he was going to see it, so he was really excited when they got there. He had been wanting to see it so bad. Later that evening we had a fun party. We had friends, pizza, salad (Nathan loves salad now), swimming, water balloons, a firetruck cake- yes, I made it, ice cream, and of course PRESENTS! I love this kid so much, it is so hard not to buy him everything in sight. He got some great stuff. (Thanks friends!!!) Tyler has also been enjoying Nathan's gifts.
Nathan is my best little buddy. He loves to snuggle. He has always been so helpful, and well behaved. I got a little weepy the night before his birthday thinking about how 4 years ago I was in labor, getting ready to meet my Nathan. The time has gone by way too fast.
Here are some things about him:
*He is so smart! He is learning to read, and we are so proud of how quickly he is picking it up- We are using "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons" I HIGHLY recommend it.
*He has an amazing memory. He memorizes things so quickly- like just seeing/hearing it once or twice.
*He is so polite, and well behaved.
*He is soo curious, and asks "Why?" a million times a day.
*He is very clean. He never liked bibs, and really has never needed them. He enjoys playing in the dirt and such, but when he is done he wants to be clean.
*Loves to help
*Is such a great brother
* Cracks us up multiple times a day
*Uses BIG words
*He has the best "cheese" smile.
* He is super handsome, and a total ladies man.
*He is very aware of others feelings & has a BIG heart.
There are so many things I could write about him. We love him so much, and are so glad he is ours. He teaches us so much everyday. Happy Birthday Buddy, I love you so much and can't believe you are 4 !





8 comments:
Good job raising such a smart, well behaved little guy! We're glad he had a fun b-day. He is lucky to have such a talented mom that makes him cool cakes that put the rest of us to shame!
That cake is ohmygator amazing! It looks like you guys had such a terrific party! We were sad to miss it. Saturday ended up being a bit of a meltdown for us, but that is thankfully over for the moment.:) We love you guys so much! We are so glad you guys are in our ward!
xo
The Hamaker Crazies;)
That cake is amazing!!! Is there anything you can't do? Happy day to Nathan!! I loved watching him get his candy from the Bishop pure delight!!!
I was happy to be there! I'm glad it was such a success!
What a handsome stud! I can't believe he's four!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! We are sorry that we missed your big day. You are so handsome and grown up. We hope you had a great day. We love you little man.
Cory, Sarah, Abigail, and Peyton
Nathan totally talked about his birthday party all through Primary last week--it was so cute. He talked about firetrucks, presents, his friends, cake, and the paper chain. He really remember EVERY detail. It's so much fun having him in my Primary class.
4 years must go by so quickly.. :) happy birthday to him. So much fun... and he's already reading! He sounds like a great little boy - so sweet!
Post a Comment