Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School!

Today was Nathan's first day of school....I felt like it was mine- I couldn't sleep last night, and I was so nervous this morning I wanted to throw up. Luckily Nathan didn't have any jitters. He got up a little early and wanted to get going. We got all ready and he looked so grown up, then he turned around and his backpack looked so huge on him, and that made me feel better.

When I took him outside for some pictures this was the first thing he did:

His teacher told all the parents to write the child's name on the outside of the backpacks and coats. I was like - I am not taking a Sharpie to his brand new backpack (or coat), so I made this instead:


I think it turned out really cute.

We got to school just as the first bell rang, and he ran to line up by the other kids. He got a little teary eyed as they started walking in, and I almost lost it. He gave me a hug, and kept waving and saying "Bye, Daddy. Bye Mommy." I can't believe he is in school right now! Tyler was tall enough to peek in the window and said he was sitting on the rug with the other kids when we left. I sure hope he has fun.


I am so anxious to hear how it went. I think I will go make him some cookies while we wait...





4 comments:

Joie said...

Awe, that makes me sad just thinking about sending my baby to school someday.

That birthday party looked awesome! I may have to recruit you to do the same for Adam next year, lol!

The Yoder's Five said...

I love that first picture!! Haha!!! That's a mini Tyler right there. I'm glad we've still got two weeks before Madelyn starts. I'm sure I'll be an emotional mess!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

So big and grown up. They grow up so fast. He looks adorable.

Maria Nielson said...

That almost made ME cry! He's growing up so fast :( Haha, that last picture looks like Tyler's squint in the sun face :D