Friday, January 14, 2011

This just hasn't been my week. I am trying to forget about everything that happened so I don't want to blog about it. Don't worry, nothing major happened, just had "one of those days" pretty much everyday this week. Some day I will look back on it all and laugh, right?  I thought my week was getting better...  I had found some STEALS at Walmart and was looking for a new pair of footie jammies for Ava, when the little stinker tipped over an entire dozen eggs into the cart. Eight or so went through the bottom, and the other 4 that landed in the cart were then smooshed through the bottom courtesy of Ava. I happened to be right next to one of their "Spill Stations" and grabbed some paper towel. At least 3 Walmart workers walked right by me, none stopping to help. The garbage can was 15 feet away from the egg mess, so I had to make several trips back and forth carrying the slimy mess. I finally got it cleaned up, wiped the goo off of me and Ava, Germ-Xed our hands and went to pay. I left without getting her jammies, looks like I get to go back. The cashier would not let me pay for the broken eggs though, so I guess that was good...

And now I need some help....I made my cute background and went to put it here on the blog, but decided to start using the new Design Template. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK WITH THE BACKGROUND I JUST MADE. I am so bummed and have been looking everywhere trying to figure this out. If anyone knows how to make it work or who I can ask about it please comment or email me. I will love you forever! monica_sing07(at) hotmail(dot)com

ps If you get on here and it looks like I fixed it, I really didn't, I am using the OLD minima layout until someone can help me fix it using the Blogger Template Designer.

6 comments:

Jayci said...

I wish I could help with the layouts - that stuff is far beyond my capabilities, that's why mine is always one color! :P

Also, so sorry about your week - I bet you're just exhausted after it... ugh - those eggs sound like a nightmare!

The Yoder's Five said...

I kind of wish you'd had a camera when Ava smashed the eggs. When my kids are being stinkers, taking pictures of them in the act makes me feel a little less like strangling them--and then I have a great blog story!

Seriously though. I am sorry you've had a crappy week. After we talked yesterday, the laundry room flooded like two more times and water got all under the kitchen floor and warped it. So much for my good week! &^@%*!!!!!

PS. The new template designer was super frustrating for me, too. I'll have to email you the specs I ended up using on mine.

Meridy said...

Sorry about your eggs!

It looks to me like you just need to upload the background larger, or you need to make the middle part wider on the program you are using and then upload it again the same size. Don't know if that helps at all. I couldn't get my Christmas background to the right size myself, that's why it's all one color right now. I was too lazy to try to tweak it. ;)

The Mursets said...

I totally spaced that I could have taken a picture with my phone! I was too frazzled to think, I guess.

Natalie said...

Oh that IS a bummer of a week! :( Stinking Walmart employees, I can't believe they just walked by you! So not cool. I'm sure one day you will laugh though...just not for a few years. It will make great first date blackmail material, too. ;)

If you figure out the blog thing, let me know! I'm totally blog retarded when it comes to things like that.

Chris said...

How cool they didn't charge you for the eggs! Most people would have left the mess & abandoned the cart :)