Monday, April 4, 2011

A Friend for My Camera

Since I will most likely still be carryying my camera in my purse instead of my pocket I decided I wanted a little cover for it.  My brother uses his old Ipod sock thing for his camera, and so I looked online for one of those. After looking at them a little closer I decided to make my own. I have been saving old cute socks (I saw a tutorial for making Barbie dresses out of them...) so I used one from my stash.


I flipped the sock inside out and serged it just above the heel. If you don't have a Serger you can just cut it and then sew it across while it is inside out.


Then I put it right side out and marked it with my white sewing pencil as shown, and pinned it. Each little line is about an inch(you can adjust it depending on the width of your camera).



I sewed it with an Elastic Stitch along the white lines (parallel to the red ones above).

The stitches will make it so if I grab the camera by the strap it won't just pull out of the sock. And now I have a perfect little bag for my camera that didn't cost me a thing!


6 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

CUTE!!! I want to make one! Our camera case is ugly.. I haven't busted out my sewing machine lately, perhaps I shall now!

Natalie said...

GENIUS!!! So cute and I love that it didn't cost anything! I'd love to hear more about this Barbie dress tutorial...

Project Maniac said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you got such a cute thrifty camera bag.

The Yoder's Five said...

That is GENIUS!!! Wow. Cute sock, too.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

YOu are so resourceful. What a great idea. I like it. Hope you enjoy your new camera. We expect pics Missy!!

Anonymous said...

Now that is cool! Awesome job & demo!