Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a week! (I realize it is only Tuesday....)

Yesterday was the 1st Day of School!!! I was so super nervous for Nathan, and so sad to leave him. I think I was more nervous this year. 1st Grade is so much different. I cried as I hugged him and he walked into class, thank goodness for sunglasses. He had been nervous for a few days before, and after his Father's Blessing Sunday he asked Tyler if it was ok that he was still nervous even though he had a blessing. I cried when Tyler told me. I am a baby, what can I say.



One of the big reasons I was nervous, was yesterday was also his birthday. My little boy turned 6 on the first day of school! I just really wanted him to have an awesome day, and it ended up being such a fun day. We started off the morning with chocolate chip pancakes, and he got to choose one present to open.

(He was still sleepy, and the flash was bright...)

After school he played with Ava while I decorated. Ava has been missing him so much. She asked me every hour today if it was time to go get him. Tyler brought pizza for dinner and I made this cake:


It was a simple cake, but the one for his friend party will be more work, and he loved this one. He wanted lemon cake this year, and it was pretty tasty!

He opened the rest of his presents and then we went to play laser tag. This year he really only wanted 2 things- Battleship and a model car or airplane. We were able to think of some more things, and he loved everything!





Laser tag was so much fun! Even Ava got to play with us. Tyler and my brother were so in to it, it was hilarious.


We played in the arcade for a little while afterwards, and the kids got fun prizes thanks in part to my awesome ski ball skills.



Nathan is such a treat. I feel so blessed everyday to have two amazing children. I love them both so much. I am so glad Nathan ended up having such a fun birthday and that everything turned out so well!

**I had to post this picture of the cake Lori made for Nathan and Mark at our family lunch/birthday celebration this weekend. They both love Star Wars so she made this Jabba the Hut cake for them. We all loved it!




3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Your kids are getting so OLD! J/k, Nathan is a studmuffin and he will do great in school. Glad he had a fun b-day!

I remember going on a few dates to that laser tag place....ahhhh memories.

Katie said...

Looks like a fun birthday!!

Sarah Smith said...

Happy Birthday Nathan. Glad you had a good day at school. You are a great kid.