Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bedroom Set & Earrings

Sorry it has taken so long for us to do a new post. We were waiting for a few things to happen to post about.

We ordered our bedroom set at the beginning of the month, and it was only supposed to take a week to get here, but of course it didn't work out that way. They thought they had the bed in stock(here in town), but they didn't so they had to have it shipped from California. And then the truck bringing it didn't get into town in time to be loaded on to the delivery truck. So we decided to have them refund our delivery charge, we rented a U- Haul and picked it up ourselves. We would have had to wait 3 more days to have the store deliver it to us. I helped Tyler carry most of it up, then we had our neighbor help with the really big stuff.

We LOVE how it looks! We got a super good deal on the bedding~$79 for the comforter, bed skirt, two shams, two euro shams, 2 decorative pillows, and 2 complete sheet sets. We had to get new bedding (hehe)because we decided to go with a King size bed this time around.



Last night we took Ava to get her ears pierced. My mom was in town and really wanted to be there. Ava moved when the lady was doing the first one and so it was not in the right spot! Urgh! We couldn't redo it right then because I guess it would bleed. So poor Ava has to go back tomorrow to get the one redone. I feel so bad. I am going to try and get her to be sleeping when I take her back so that we can get it done really quickly. She looks so cute with her little bling. I will post a picture of that tomorrow... In the meantime, here is a picture of her sucking on both hands at the same time:
(if you look you can see her cute
earring-this is the good one)

15 comments:

Meridy said...

I like your bedroom set!!

Good luck tomorrow!

Josie said...

Fun new bedroom set! We got our first real bedroom furniture when we moved into our new house, now we wonder how we ever survived with a queen size bed! King size make a huge difference, especially when you have 2 little bodies come join you at 5 AM!

The Yoder's Five said...

OOooo! I love your bedroom set! So glad you finally got it.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Cute bedroom set guys! I also love your comforter - very classy.

That's sad that Ava has to get her ear pierced again.. good luck! She does look adorable with her "bling" :)

HammondFam said...

Oh, I love the bedroom set - it looks great! I can't wait for the day that we get ours!

Ava looks adorable with her new bling - she is a beautiful baby.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

I love the bedroom set. It looks great. The bedding is really nice too. Don't you love when you get a good deal? Little Ava looked so cute with her ears pierced. It is so fun for them to have something a little sparkly.

Catherine said...

Ava was already gorgeous, but now she's officially a princess with those shiny earings. ;) What a doll!

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

Haha, my bedroom "set" consists of a king sized bed and two end tables I salvaged and painted black. Hahaha, love it! I've been trying to work up the guts to get Halle's ears peirced. I think it's so cute.
Oh and I need your address again
email it to me
kaitlinjlambert@yahoo.com

Bodacious Barlows said...

Hey, I love your new bedroom set. I can't wait for those days to come. It will be nice when we graduate. Anyway, we changed our blog address and for the life of me I cannot find your email address. So please email us at bodaciousbarlows@gmail.com so we can invite you to jeffandroxybarlow.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Jessica said...

Wow- nice furniture. And classy is definitely the word for the comforter etc.

Atkinsons said...

LOVE the new bedroom set! Don't you love having a King!? Ava looks adorable with her earrings! I want to pierce Victoria's, but I'm a little nervous, did she scream? What are the back of the earrings like for the babies...do they hurt her when she sleeps on her side? let me know!

Katie said...

Love the new bedroom set! I hope that Ava did well for her 2nd round. She is a sweet one :)

Thank you for your thoughts and comments on our blog. It means so much!!

DaynaDouble said...

Cute baby! Poor thing you tortured her with the pain of ear piercing.. JK!

Chris said...

Hey, we have the same phone(s)!

I am in awe over what a great deal you got on the comforter set.
Brant would love to get new bedding.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your bedroom set! I wish they had that store here, dang!!! And Ava looks soooooo cute with her little earings!!! I'm trying to talk Mike into letting Whitney get hers pierced...I don't think he'll let her do it until she's 21!!! Ha ha ha. You're SOOO lucky!