Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nathan's Birthday!


On Sunday our little buddy, Nathan turned 5! I still remember being pregnant with him, and the shock we were in when they put him on the scale (9 lbs 3 oz), but I mostly remember how happy I was. He brings me so much joy. He is such an amazing boy. Not only is is so smart and funny, and outgoing, he is also such a good example, so polite, and sweet, and well behaved. We are so lucky!

He has been wanting a Star Wars party since his birthday last year. I wanted to be sure and go all out. He said to me, on Saturday while I was getting things ready," Mommy, it was a good idea to have my party on Saturday so we can keep the Sabbath Day holy." So cute.

I made a Death Star pinata like a month ago. My mom has made a few pinatas, and I wanted to make sure she would be here in case I messed up. It went really well. I was up to my elbows in paper mache a few nights but to see his face when it was done was so worth it.

He invited his entire primary class and his favorite cousins. We had pizza and "galaxy" fruit, games, TIE fighter cupcakes, the pinata, presents galore (THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!), AND Darth Vader even came by and let all the jedis lightsaber him. This was a big hit. They were all thinking he was coming out the back door and were looking through the glass (I started the theme song and most of the kids knew what it meant), Tyler- I mean Vader, tricked them all by coming up from the outside basement stairs. The kids raced over, Nathan grabbed his lightsaber and went to town. Tyler did an amazing job, and I was so glad he was willing to dress up- he was awesome, and luckily he didn't get injured too badly.





On Sunday (his real Bday) he could not wait to go to Primary to be sung to. He got to start his morning with chocolate chip pancakes, and loved them. We also had special lunch and dinner. When I asked him what he wanted for dessert a while ago he said Duncan Hines (brownies), and mint ice cream. He has been brain washed by TV and thinks that Duncan Hines are the only way to go. Personally, not my fav, but that is what he wanted!


We love you Nathan!

6 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Glad you got the blogging figured out.

Happy birthday Nathan! You had an AWESOME party!!

lauren said...

CRAZY TO THINK YOU HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD!CUTE PARTY!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Time flies! I'm so happy for him. Happy Birthday.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Happy Birthday Nathan. We love and Miss you. It was so nice to get an update from you guys. I have been thinking about you and wanting to call, but I am a loser and haven't. I will soon.

Catherine said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Nathan, too. You were one of my favorite friends from the college married ward, and I still love you to pieces, Monica! It sounds like you sure made your little boy very happy on his birthday. Congrats on the success of a great party. :)

Katie said...

Looks like a FUN party! Happy Birthday to Nathan!