Kolob.
My grandparents have a nice place up there, and we were able to go up for a few days. It was really nice to get out of this heat, and just relax. My Aunt and her family were up there, and so were my Grandparents.
Nathan had the best time, and was the center of attention. We went to Lava Point, and Nathan enjoyed throwing pebbles off, until a ranger came and asked him not too. He was worried that someone might get hurt-lame. It wasn't like there was anyone hiking right there, we could see straight down.
Later that day Tyler took him to the Reservoir with my cousins, where they threw more rocks.
We went for lots of drives, and just enjoyed being able to be outside all day. Nathan got to scare skunks and cows away with a recorder, and almost got hummingbirds to land on his hand. We ate lots of yummy food, and just had so much fun. I was able to work on some major sewing projects, (I started and basically finished 18 terry cloth/flannel burp cloths, and a nursing cover- I will do a project post later) while Nathan played with Tyler and my cousins. Tyler got to finish a book, be without the Internet or phone for almost 3 days, and spend some Q.T. with Nathan.
It was hard to come home to this heat. And when we finally made it, we couldn't even open the garage. At first I thought Tyler had pushed the button twice, then after he did it a few times, I realized that something was wrong with it. We came in to find the spring had broken. We were able to get someone to come out right away, and $250 later it is in fine working order again. Maybe we should stop going on trips...
P.S. Don't Mind Nathan's silly faces! He works on new ones everyday, just for the camera!





6 comments:
Kolob looks so beautiful and peaceful. You're lucky!!
What a difference 2 months make! It was 32 degrees and snowing when we went at the end of May!! I would love to go again so I could enjoy the beauty this time! Cute pics!!
It's tough when you come home to bills, especially since any trip cost money in just the gas alone. But your pictures look beautiful and relaxing.
PS I also love your picture of Nathan on your sidebar, he is so handome.
How fun! I love Kolob! Looks like you had a blast and a much needed get away too. :)
I'm jealous. It really like Kolob. it looks really nice and relaxing
Post a Comment