Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sorry To Complain

So I am STILL SICK!!! I thought for sure I would be feeling better by now, but I am not. When I was pregnant with Nathan I had headaches all the time, this time they hurt so much worse. And duh, like Tylenol does anything for me. They seem to last for days. I had a terrible one yesterday, that finally started to go away this morning. I was glad because I need to do some serious cleaning, and grocery shopping. Before I go shopping I always make up a menu for the next 2 weeks. I spend a lot less this way, and don't buy all sorts of stuff that we don't need, or already have too much of. So I sit down to get started, and nothing sounds appetizing lately, so the menu is lots harder to do. I was looking over the few things I had already put on the menu and BAM! I had to book it to the sink. Just thinking about food makes me throw up. I swear Tyler has lost about 10 pounds with me not being able to think about food. I have only gained like 2 pounds so far, and with Nathan ( I was rarely sick) I had put on about 7 by this time. Everyone thinks that means it is a girl, but I am waiting for an ultrasound before I get too giddy. I know that this will all be worth it when we have the new baby, but it is no fun to feel like this. Any way sorry to complain. I should just be glad that I am able to experience motherhood.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh you poor thing!!!! I'm so sorry you have morning sickness! Hopefully it "wears off" sometime soon! *BIG HUG*

Laura Edwards said...

I hope you feel better! (And P.S.- you are so smart to do the menu thing, I am just starting to get in the habit of doing that).

Kevin M. said...

Good Luck with the food thing. I think it's healthy to complain every now and then. It gets it off your chest and then you can get on with life for a little while longer. I feel for you, that was the hardest thing to deal with, wanting one thing one minute and then not wanting it. I hope it goes away during your 2nd trimester.

Lori

Carolina mama said...

I'm so sorry that you don't feel well yet. Hopefully it won't last much longer. When I was expecting Tyler, the smell of frying hamburger always made me lose it.

The Yoder's Five said...

Monica, I can totally sympathize! It's OK to admit that you're miserable and that life doesn't seem fair. Heavens knows I put my family through that for about four months when I was pregnant with Madelyn.

The hardest thing is lowering your expectations about what you can do in a day's time. I wish I lived closer so I could clean and run your errands for you. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

The menu planning is such a good idea! I am going to try it!

Anonymous said...

ps...sorry you're sick.